So after seven towns and two full weeks in Croatia, I've made my way into Slovenia. If nothing else, I'm glad to be in a country where they've banned smoking in public places. The Croatian bars were tough for me, a non-smoker...especially when I'm not washing my clothes very often! Speaking of which, the hostel I'm staying in right now, aside from formerly being a prison, has a washer and dryer, so I'm smelling much better than I have in some time. Check out the website...I'm in Cell 103 http://hostelcelica.com/en/index.html
Spent today, my first full day in Ljubljana, just strolling around the city sightseeing. It's a tiny capital, but has a lovely river running through the center with cafes lining either side. Went from cafe to cafe and had one drink/ice cream/sandwich at each as I read and people-watched. Definitely was in the sun a bit too long. I'm in full lounging mode I think. Tomorrow I'm going to Bled for the day though where I hope to get a little exercise.
Prior to Ljubljana, I was in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Stayed at a hostel that was only average, but met a couple Germans who were in town to watch some soccer, er, football. Had a crazy final night out there resulting in me being in a 60 square foot apartment at 4am with 6 other people who were literally half my age. All good fun though.
Before Zagreb, I was in Pula, on the coast. Another of the really nice seaside towns in Croatia that I'm sure explodes in the summer. Boats abounded and I treated myself to a nice hotel for two nights, a massage and two even nicer, REALLY expensive meals at the hotel restaurant which is supposed to be the best in Croatia. http://www.valsabbion.hr/
I have three more nights in Slovenia and then I'm off to Italy to meet up with the Miani clan. Very anxious to see some friends again!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment