Tuesday, April 29, 2008

FROM BELLAGIO, ITALY ON LAKE COMO

Quick note as the sun has finally come out in this incredibly beautiful town just as I set foot in my first internet cafe in a week.

Met up with the Miani clan last week in Padua, Italy just outside Venice. We spent a few nights there and then a couple on a tiny island on Lake Maggiore. We arrived in Bellagio yesterday afternoon after some particularly poor work from me as navigator in the monster truck that we're traveling in.

Having a good time...spending too much, eating too much...lounging too much. Loving the Miani's and all the kids, but this last week is further validation that I'm not quite ready to have children! (as if this was up for debate)

------------
Prior to Italy, I went to Bled, Slovenia for a night. Great little town. Weather stunk, but I did a great hike along a river gorge. Pics to follow. In relation to Bled, why are there so few one-syllable cities in the United States? These are the things that occur to one who is traveling alone.

No comments: