Arrived in Bali, Indonesia 5 nights ago and I've hit the cities of Kuta and now Ubud thus far.
IN KUTA:
-A long, long lovely beach.......though full of bulldozers and enormous pipes awaiting burial
-Storefront after storefront of western fastfood joints, t-shirt shops and Circle K's
-As far as I can tell, 99% of all overweight, Billabong clad, drunken, crude, sunburned, tank-topped, tattooed Australians *
(on the bright side, got to meet up with Sally from the Trans-Siberian here)
IN UBUD:
-Resplendent green country side dotted with rice fields and meandering rivers
-Adorable tiny streets alternating art gallery....then tasty cafe...then beautiful temple
-Virtually no Australians (no beach here)
*Let it be known that I cast no aspersions on the wonderful Australians I've met along my tour....this means you: Catherine, Craig, Megan, Kirsty, Stuart, Tasha, Cioty/Juli (sorta), Lauren, Jeff, Jo and oh so many more I'm sure I've missed.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that beard is just so damn fetching
"I have definitely decided that I like the new look." --KateM
"I didn't think you could grow a beard let alone pull one off! It
suits you well, I like!" --NikkiM-F
"I really like your beard." -- KimberlyB
-"Shave!!!!" -- Aunt Betty
Post a Comment