So goes the opening of the "sheradhara massage" description at the Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa where I'm staying.
I'm holding out for a chocolate milk offering.
Arrived this morning via ferry from Penang on this remarkably picturesque island in northwest Malaysia. I'm here three nights and tempted not to leave the resort. (but I will, but I will)
In Penang the past two days I essentially ate up as many sea creatures as I could get my hands on....crab, lobster, cod, prawns, scallops...I ate'm all. Also a lovely place was Penang, but a few too many cars and people for my taste. Rented a jet ski for a bit. Turns out it's not all that much fun alone. (Do you people feel sorry for me yet travelling ALONE???)
Also hit a movie while it rained one afternoon in Penang. "The Other Boleyn Girl" is probably not one you need to rent if you haven't seen it yet. Of course it only cost me $3, so not so bad. Let me say that I'm completely against the advanced "selecting your seat" model of movie theatre operation. It slows the ticket line down to a crawl.
Moving backwards in time, I'll say that my time in Laos last week was terrific. Among the most beautiful spots I've hit thus far....and fun.
One day I attempted to hire a tuk tuk driver (think small taxi) to take me out to see a waterfall there and the next thing you know I found myself on the back of a borrowed motor bike heading through the emerald green countryside for two hours without a helmet. (the driver naturally wore one). The waterfall was "ok"...the ride was fantastic. Life really IS about the journey, eh???
So from here I'm on to Malaysia's capital, Kuala Lampur for a few nights before hitting Bali for ten evenings and a meet-up with Sally from the Trans-Siberian tour.
One quick story that anyone who knows me (presumably anyone reading this) would expect and enjoy:
A couple mornings ago I went down to have breakfast in the hotel. So I toss a few items upon my plate including a hard-boiled egg.
Next I go and sit down at my table and grab the egg and tap it gently on my plate to start the crack to peel off the shell. After I crack it slightly, I grab it with both hands to peel and the thing just explosively implodes in my hands and squirts yoke ALL over me.
Turns out the sign on the buffet table read "HALF boiled eggs" and not "HARD boiled eggs".
I have no idea how the people at the table next to me kept their composure. I woulda been belly-laughing on the floor if I saw it happen to someone else!
This is my life now.........
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
1 comment:
"Why is that guy peeling a half boiled egg? And why are there numbers written on his monkey shirt?"
Post a Comment