your map reminded me of a debate we were having this weekend. do you count airports as having been to a city/state? i think that's kind of weak, but others argued that if you are on the ground it counts.
Totally agree with you with one caveat. I feel you can count that you have been to a place for the day if you have done something significant over several hours (e.g., eaten a meal, transacted business, etc.) Airports never count and driving through does not count. You can only say "I've driven through XYZ, but I haven't really been there."
Well, I'll say that when I flew from Tahiti to South America my initial flight landed in Santiago, Chile and I stayed overnight at the Airport Holiday Inn, which was about 20 meters from the terminal.
The next morning I left for Brazil. In my head I didn't consider myself as having visited Chile.
i agree with that. one of my proposals was that you have to eat at a non-chain restaurant in order to count it. that system has it's flaws, but it's a start.
What will people say when I reveal that this whole thing is a complete crock of sh1t and you've spent the entire last 18 months cooped up with Cheney in an "undisclosed location" consorting with goat devils and hatching nefarious plots?
6 comments:
your map reminded me of a debate we were having this weekend.
do you count airports as having been to a city/state?
i think that's kind of weak, but others argued that if you are on the ground it counts.
Absolutely not. Have to at least spend the night in the city/state/country.
Bob,
Totally agree with you with one caveat. I feel you can count that you have been to a place for the day if you have done something significant over several hours (e.g., eaten a meal, transacted business, etc.) Airports never count and driving through does not count. You can only say "I've driven through XYZ, but I haven't really been there."
Well, I'll say that when I flew from Tahiti to South America my initial flight landed in Santiago, Chile and I stayed overnight at the Airport Holiday Inn, which was about 20 meters from the terminal.
The next morning I left for Brazil. In my head I didn't consider myself as having visited Chile.
On your assertion, Eric, I think I agree.
i agree with that. one of my proposals was that you have to eat at a non-chain restaurant in order to count it. that system has it's flaws, but it's a start.
What will people say when I reveal that this whole thing is a complete crock of sh1t and you've spent the entire last 18 months cooped up with Cheney in an "undisclosed location" consorting with goat devils and hatching nefarious plots?
Post a Comment