Sitting here in Buenos Aires. I think I'm prepared to place it atop my list of favorite spots. It passes that, "Could I live here?" test.....well....you know...if I could speak spanish.
13 million residents here, but doesn't feel crowded in the least. Sprawling town geographically that I spent a full six hours yesterday walking around in yesterday. Hit all the requisite sites. Wonderful old architecture, as you'd expect, mixed in with areas of great, booming "yuppie development".
Weather has been perfect and the steak is REALLY big and REALLY cheap. That doesn't hurt either. I'm prepared to add the women of Argentina to my "Top 5" list too....though I'm not sure any have spoken to me.
My tour ended the other day. Overall, the thing was really a mess. The tour leader and his replacement were really painfully awful, but I kinda expected that based on the low price of the tour. The 20-hour bus ride from Bariloche to B.A. was rough too. Met some nice, fun, young folks though.
Now I'm in a hotel with the Irish Victoria and Lavinia and we'll all head to Rio tomorrow morning and crash in a hostel for Carnival for my final four nights.
Last evening I had dinner with Kevin Connell, Jean, Marlene and Melissa. Old friends and new friends from Philly (and NY). They're off to Patagonia today, but we'll catch back up in Rio on Friday night. We ordered tickets for the stadium parade for Sunday. Don't even want to tell you how much they cost. More than any ticket for any Villanova game I've ever attended...that's for sure.
Special note of thanks to Ivan for the restaurant recommendation in Bariloche. Tony took good care of us.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are these in order of preference?
Post a Comment