Friday, May 16, 2008

FROM MUNICH

Just sitting in the lobby of my Munich hotel killing some time before our train heads to Brussels.

Since my last report, I've exchanged Eric for Jenn as a travelling companion. Despite missing her connection in Manchester last week, Ms. Siegel and I found each other at the Prague airport without trouble. (thanks for the assist Tina)

Both Prague and Munich are cities I have previously visited, but not in 13 years. To say the least, things look differently to me than they did way back then. So many times over the past week I've thought to myself, "this part of the city rings NO bells." Of course there have also been lots and lots of epiphany moments where I said, "I know JUST where we are"....i.e. "I wanted to kill Laurite right around here".

Both of these two small cities, among the very best in all of Europe, lend themselves well to just strolling around, soaking in a little culture and imbibing beyond what is reasonable. I feel full mastery of the public transit systems in both by the way!

Long train ride ahead of us today...we'll be hitting Brussels for two nights, Bruges for two more and finally three in Amsterdam!

2 comments:

JimM said...

re: chopping off subjects face - yeah, but you got the important part right.

Tim S. said...

when are you posting your top ten lists? cities to eat in, cities with best-looking women, etc.