Sitting in Namibia's capital city of Windhoek. Not too, too much to report since my last posting.
We did another game drive...my fourth of the tour....this time at Etosha National Park. Saw the requisite giraffes, zebras and lions (who were "doing it").
The tour ended for four folks on our tour this morning; all of whom I enjoyed. Two (Hanna & Marta) were from NYC and two (Kristian & Kim) were Norwegian, but living in Tanzania. Definitely going to miss them. Added three new folks to replace them:
-one woman from Alabama (Harriett)
-one young lady from Canada (Ashley)
-one woman (Fiona) who introduced herself as from Scotland but then explained to me later that she was born in Houston, grew up in Norway, went to college in the UK, worked five years in Malaysia and now lives in Brazil. Looking forward to her story.
Yesterday, we went over to the mall to pick up some things and try to hit the internet. As we were getting ready to leave, it started pouring rain. I proposed the idea of hitting a movie instead of getting drenched and five of us headed off to see "The Kingdom" (40 rand on weekends!) I was disappointed there weren't any eccentric features to the particular movie house....could have been in the USA for all I knew once I entered.
Tomorrow we head into Botswana where I'm told I'll have at least one night in a tent. Can't wait.
Was hoping to post all my pictures today from this internet station, but a) it's super slow today where it was quick yesterday and b) they don't have a USB port!
The other day it took me over 2 hours to upload the half dozen pics that are on this blog below. Frustrating.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Anthony Bourdain didn't visit a movie theater when HE was in Windhoek!!!
But watching that movie was probably better than watching, say, a loss to Cincinnati...
(sigh)
I WANT TO BE IN YOUR BLOG!!! Just kidding. Is the new group living up to it's potential? Enjoy your time in the desert. I'm having a snow day here in MA.
So why did Harriet and Fiona get "women" designations while Ashley got "young lady"? What designation would I get Bob? BTW, you are looking like a very handsome young man in those photos, love, Mary
Freddi, as soon as I'm able to upload pics, you're in the blog.
Mary, I couldn't think of another designation for Fiona (though she's my age). You'd definitely get "gal".
Never thought I'd see the day Bob Stricker would be wearing a North Face shirt. Hope the trip continue to go well....
Post a Comment