So in about 10 hours my flight leaves Amman, Jordan for Philadelphia (via Paris). Have to say I'm pretty tired at this point, but it's hard to believe it's been three months and a day since I hopped on the train at 30th Street Station to head to the airport in Washington DC and on to South Africa. The time went fast.
I'm probably jinxing myself here and will pay for it over the next 36 hours, but I can't believe how few problems I've had during my travels. Haven't lost anything, missed any flights, been mugged, etc, etc. I think I'm kinda disappointed that I don't have a "disaster story" to tell.....or perhaps I'm not.
Anyway...........I'm weary right now, but here's quickly what I've been up to since last I posted:
-Did a 2-hour hike up Mt. Sinai to see where Moses scooped up the Ten Commandments from G-O-D. (or something like that)
-Relaxed at a rather nice hotel at the Red Sea
-Hopped a ferry to Jordan and picked up a new tour guide on the other side
-Spent a day in the southern Jordanian resort town of Aqaba
-Spent a night under the stars, in my sleeping bag in the Wadi Rum Desert (very cool)
-Hit Petra (one of the new 7 Wonders of the World) for a couple days. Impressive as expected
-Toured Jerash, an ancient town near Amman with the one tour member (Yas) who is still around (and is on my flight to Paris)
-Learned that Amman's former name was.............wait for it..........PHILADELPHIA
I announced this morning that I would pay $50 if I could have one good, long, hot shower....think I'm going to have to wait until I get home though. Last few hotels have sucked.
Anyway......if everything goes right, I'll be "home" (my sister, Mary's house) on Sunday night. Plan is to pick up a cell phone on Monday at which time I'll be sure to send out an email with the phone number to those I think might want it. Likely to be in NYC on Wed & Thu and perhaps longer.
April 3 I'm off to Croatia and beyond!
Once I get to a faster computer, I'll try to get some photos up.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment